Diamond Cut Rope Chain vs Regular Rope Chain: What's The Difference?
Two of the most popular styles of rope chain include the diamond cut rope chain and the regular rope chain. Each of these rope chains has its own characteristics that cater better to different preferences, budgets and styling needs.
In this article, we will compare the diamond-cut rope chain vs regular rope chain and explore the pros, cons and differences of each.
Diamond Cut Rope Chain
The diamond-cut rope chain is characterised by its flatter links. Each link in a diamond-cut rope chain is flattened, allowing the overall chain to be reflective and shiny.
- Appearance - the diamond-cut rope chain is shiny and sparkly. This contributes to its overall visual appeal. This type of rope chain is ideal as a statement piece.
- Higher perceived value - because of its shinier appearance. the diamond-cut rope chain looks more luxurious than other styles of chain.
- Lightweight - because of the additional cuts on the links, the diamond-cut rope chain tends to be lighter than other styles of rope chain. Overall this rope chain also uses less materials.
- Durability - because of the additional cuts on this rope chain, it is more prone to damage. It is also more likely to snag onto body hair.
- Expensive - often the diamond-cut rope chain will be more expensive than other styles of chain. This is because it requires added craftsmanship to create additional cuts and facets.
- Maintenance - it is harder to clean this type of rope chain because of its many cuts and facest. Especially for any dirt that gets in between these cuts.
Regular Rope Chain
Regular 5mm Silver Rope Chain by Sky Austria
The regular rope chain has smoother and rounder links that have a consistent texture throughout. This makes this style of rope chain much more subtle.
- Versatility -the regular rope chain is much more simple and subtle. This makes it ideal for both casual and formal occasions.
- Durability - the standard rope chain has greater durability than other styles of chain. This is because the chain has fewer cuts and facets.
- Price - the standard rope chain is more affordable than a lot of other chains. This makes them great for someone on a budget.
- Easier to maintain - less facts and cuts means this style of rope chain is easier to clean.
- Appearance - the standard rope chain has a less eye-catching effect when worn.
- Less luxurious - the normal rope chain has a less luxurious look compared to other types of rope chains as it sparkles much less.
Differences Between The Diamond Cut Rope Chain And Regular Rope Chain
- Appearance - the diamond-cut rope chain has a more eye-catching and sparky look to it. Whilst the standard rope chain is lowkey but shiny.
- Weight - the diamond cut rope chain is lighter than the standard rope chain. This is because of the many cuts it has.
- Price - the diamond cut rope chain tends to be more expensive than the standard rope chain. This is because of the additional pricing for adding facets and cuts to it.
- Durability - the standard rope chain is more durable than the diamond-cut rope chain. This is because it doesn’t have as many facets and cuts on it. This means it has fewer areas of weakness in the chain.
- Styling - the standard rope chain is arguably easier to style than the diamond-cut rope chain. This is because it is more of a subtle piece, making it suitable for formal and casual outfits.
Diamond Cut Rope Chain vs Regular Rope Chain: Which Is Better?
Which one will be better suited for you will depend on your styling needs, budget and personal preferences?
The diamond-cut rope chain is great for someone looking for a statement piece chain that is eye-catching and has a sparkly look to it. This rope chain may also be better suited for someone who likes lighter-weight chains.
The regular rope chain is great for someone who is just looking to get their first rope chain. This is a must-have for someone looking for a chain that is subtle, easy to style with other pieces of jewellery and affordable.
Now that we have just compared the diamond-cut rope chain vs the regular rope chain, you should be more aware of the pros, cons and differences between each
When choosing between a diamond-cut rope chain and a regular rope chain, it ultimately comes down to your preferences, budget and styling needs.
A diamond-cut rope chain is an option that offers a unique eye-catching and shiny look. This is the perfect statement piece that has a shiny appearance whilst still having a lightweight feel to it. However, this chain often comes with a higher price tag and reduced durability.
The regular rope chain provides a more subtle look in contrast to the diamond-cut rope chain. It is extremely versatile to style and offers great durability because of its simple design. Additionally, it’s simple design means this chain is a budget-friendly option.
When it comes down to choosing the right rope chains for yourself, you should look to choose the one that aligns well with your personal style, preferences and budget.
Looking to learn more about the rope chain? Check out our guide which covers exactly what a rope chain is.